Monday, January 10, 2011

What's Helping Me

I've been asked by a lot of friends and family how exactly I'm doing this challenge. True, I went from very little exercise (walking on the treadmill at the Y 1-2 times a week) straight into 30 days straight of Bikram. I'm very sore, but the good thing about Bikram is that I can see how I'm feeling before each class and push myself to my limits just for that day. Some days are better than others, but I've come to realize that I'm never going to have a perfect class. Sometimes I stay in Standing Bow all four times with my foot perfectly centered over my head. Sometimes I fall out every 10 seconds. If I'm feeling sore, I can push through the pain or take it a bit easier.

I think the one thing that's made this challenge doable is that my good friend and fellow Alpha Chi Omega sister Angela is doing the challenge in Arlington. We compare notes on Facebook and share our challenges and frustrations as well as our triumphs. It's funny - we have the same feelings quite often (good days, bad days) but that's one of the things that motivates me. I want to be able to come home and let Ang know how each day was, and I look forward to her analysis of her class.

No comments: