Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 8, Part 2

After class this morning I came home, ate lunch, and watched some Grey's Anatomy while trying to keep warm (which I've found hard to do since starting Bikram, partly because we're cheap and have our heat set at 60 degrees). My eyes started getting heavy so I brought my DVD to the bedroom and took a nap for an hour or so. When my alarm went off, I was cursing myself for saying, "See you this afternoon!" to Gretchen & Sarah. I REALLY didn't want to get out of bed, let alone do another 90 minutes of yoga. I dragged myself out of bed, though, and made it to the studio in time to sit in the room for 30 minutes to get used to the heat. I was noticeably more tired this afternoon, and my ankles are killing me (fixed firm is my nemesis... I still can't get my butt on the floor, and my ankles scream in pain every time).

I have noticed, however, that class goes by quicker every time. I don't know if it's because I know what's coming up next or because I'm just used to it, but it doesn't seem like 90 minutes. I still can't get over the fact that after Eagle it's already been a half an hour... it seems like 10 minutes.

I'm feeling really good after a week of classes. My legs have firmed up so much, and there's space between my legs now when they're together. My pants are looser, and I just feel more comfortable. I don't know about losing weight, but I'm definitely gaining muscle and I'm trimming down my thighs, sides, and stomach. I'm excited to see how I feel after day 30. I don't think I'll be doing a 30 day challenge again any time soon (I'm lucky that I can this month - I'm usually on the road so much that I'm not home for 30 days in one month!) but I'd like to keep it up at least three times a week, mixed with the treadmill at the new Y Express across from my office.

Another thing I've noticed - I'm craving healthier foods. I've been avoiding the fast food (which has been my downfall over the past 18 months) and I crave fruit all the time. I need to go to the store tomorrow and get grapes because they always pop into my head during class. I think nice, cold grapes would be the perfect snack. I've been reaching for the Special K (chocolate) instead of sweets, which is definitely good.

No comments: