Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 4

It was a bit hard to get to class tonight simply because it was after my first day back at work since last Thursday. I was tired, but I got there early to relax. The room was hotter than I've ever felt it before - I was sweating from the moment I walked in the room. Usually I don't start sweating until half moon, but I was definitely sweating just lying on my mat.

I didn't have that feeling of "Why am I here?" tonight. I did, however, feel like I'm getting the poses more. I've been doing Bikram off and on since 2008 and I know the basics of the poses, but I think consistent practice has made me more aware of what every little muscle in my body is doing. I'm still terrible at some poses, but I feel like I'm able to do a little more each day.

A little off topic - I found the BEST products for showering after Bikram. The holiday version of Villainess Scintillating Smooch is a sugar scrub full of peppermint and candy canes. Philosophy's Candy Cane 3-in-1 has always been one of my favorite things to use year-round, and it's especially cooling and refreshing after 90 minutes in the Bikram room. Follow it up with Bath & Body Works Twisted Peppermint Body Cream, and I'm as happy as could be. Now I'm ready for bed...

No comments: