Sunday, January 16, 2011

Days 14 & 15 - CROWDS

Yoga is such a personal practice. I like having my space, which is why I go half an hour early to every class. I have a certain spot I like in the second row by the window. Everyone in Lynchburg has decided to try Bikram, apparently, which is great - but it doesn't work well with my personal space. Friday's class was crowded, but I had some space. Saturday, though, was a whole other story. I was the first one in the room, and I got my spot. I put my mat on the dot, like you're supposed to so everyone can see the mirror. Class was full of new people who didn't respect the "no talking in the studio" rule. The kicker was that class was sold out to the point where someone came over and asked if she could squeeze into the sliver of space beside me. I ended up directly against the wall, making every posture extremely difficult. I couldn't see myself in the mirror because I was directly behind the person in front of me (which also happened Friday, thanks to people not following the dot rule). Overall I was crabby from the crowded conditions and from the fact that I didn't get everything I could have out of class. If that had been my first experience, I don't think I would have gone back.

Enough with the negativity. Today's a new day, and they've added a new class today. My sister is coming with me, which will be fun.

No comments: